Build Your Own Rain Garden
Use the Rain Garden app first, a FREE web-based app. Through video tutorials, diagrams, text, and tools, the App guides you through how to properly locate, size, install, plant, and maintain a rain garden to help protect local waterways.
The Rain Garden app was recently redesigned to allow it to work on any device that can access the internet - iPhones, Android phones, Windows phones, iPads, tablets, desktops, laptops, and more. Visit rgapp.nemo.uconn.edu to launch the app now!
To install the app on your iOS or Android device, follow the instructions below:
For iOS (iPhones and iPads):
- Visit rgapp.nemo.uconn.edu in the “Safari” app.
- Tap the icon featuring a right-pointing arrow coming out of a box along the top or bottom of the Safari window to open a drop-down menu.
- Tap “Add to Home Screen.” The Add to Home dialog box will appear, with the icon that will be used for this website on the left side of the dialog box.
- Enter the name for the shortcut (Rain Garden)using the on-screen keyboard and tap “Add.” Safari will close automatically and you will be taken to where the icon is located on your iPad or iPhone.
For Android phones and tablets:
- Visit rgapp.nemo.uconn.edu in the “Chrome” app.
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper or lower right-hand corner) and tap Add to homescreen.
- You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut (Rain Garden) and then Chrome will add it to your home screen.
Funding for national expansion of this app was provided by the United States Department of Agriculture/National Institute of Food and Agriculture, project #CONS2013-05768.