Each MS4 must submit an Annual Report indicating progress on implementing their stormwater management plan. CT DEEP strongly recommends using these templates but alternate formats will be accepted as long as all the required information is provided.
We have tried to streamline the annual report template this year based on feedback from DEEP on what they need and from towns on the need to simplify. Nothing dramatic, but hopefully an improvement. Note that you can still use your original template and just update with the new information on your activities if you prefer. The guidance document below indicates what changes were made.
- January 31st - Notify the public when the Annual Report and stormwater management plan will be made available for review and who to contact to provide comments. More details can be found on page 21 of the general MS4 permit. Providing notice earlier than January 31st is encouraged.
- February 15th - Post the Annual Report and current stormwater management plan to the town or institution website (see page 16 of permit for details). Also have hardcopies of the report and plan available at town hall or a public library.
- April 1st - Submit the Annual Report to DEEP (see page 45 of permit for details). Mail the review fee which is $375 for institutions and $187.50 for municipalities and the Annual Report transmittal form (download here) to CT DEEP Central Permit Processing Unit and email an electronic copy of the Annual Report to DEEP.Stormwaterstaff@ct.gov.
In the past, MS4 communities were able to use a software called Assist to manage compliance with the MS4 permit and produce annual reports. That program is unfortunately no longer supported by the company. However, there are other companies that offer similar programs.
Examples of some of these programs include:
- MS4Front by Houston Engineering
- Permitrak MS4
- MS4 Permit Manager and MS4Web by CBI Systems